REGISTER FOR SCU CAMPUS ALERTS
eCAMPUS (login required)
Campus Safety Services recommends that all Students, Staff, Faculty, and Non-SCU Employees (when approved) enroll in SCU Campus Alerts to receive critical information when issued.
Rave Alert™ will be used to send SCU Campus Alerts (Emergency Notifications and Timely Warnings*) to the Campus Community via text message, voice calls, email, and in certain situations, social media. We thank you for your commitment in helping us maintain a peaceful, safe, and secure campus environment, accessible to everyone at the University.
Some examples of the types of information you might receive in an emergency:
- Shelter in-place or evacuation order
- Campus closure for any reason
- Avoid a certain area of campus because of a localized emergency
Many of these situations require rapid response and notifications. The University's Campus Alert system is the primary method to accomplish this.
*Emergency Notifications Scope:
- Wide focus which may include Clery Act crimes - Alerts the campus community about significant emergencies or dangerous situations.
*Timely Warnings Scope:
- Narrow focus on Clery Act crimes - Alerts the campus community about crimes that pose a serious or continuing threat to safety.
The intent of the warning is to enable members of the Campus Community to protect themselves.
SCU Campus Alert Registration
Students, Staff and Faculty
- Login to eCampus
- Select "Additional Resources" from the Main Menu
- Click on "Campus Alert" from the top left section of the page
- Enter your information into the appropriate fields
- Confirm that you meet the criteria for Non-SCU Employee Enrollment in SCU Campus Alert
- If you do qualify, please fill out the Online Form and once your sponsor or supervisor has been contacted, you will be entered in the system and notified via email
Jesuit School of Theology Staff, Faculty and Students
- Follow the above instructions, but select your Primary Campus Location to be "Jesuit School of Theology Berkeley"
- If you are at JST and want to receive alerts for the Main Santa Clara University Campus, please fill out the "Non-SCU Employee" Online Registration.
SCU Campus Alert Keyword Registration
If you are a parent or guardian of a student enrolled at Santa Clara University, you can sign up for SCU Campus Alerts via SMS Text ONLY.
To sign up from your phone, text "SCUPARENTALERT" to 226787 (CAMPUS)
SCU Campus Alert Abbreviations
There may be instances when certain SCU Campus Alerts sent via SMS Text will contain common law enforcement abbreviations used by Campus Safety. This is done to adhere to the character limit of SMS Texts while being as concise as possible in writing the contents of the alert.
Please use this a resource to define what those abbreviations mean, should you see them.
- WMA = White Male Adult
- BMA = Black Male Adult
- HMA = Hispanic Male Adult
- AMA = Asian Male Adult
- DOT = Direction of Travel
- NB = Northbound
- EB = Eastbound
- SB = Southbound
- WB = Westbound
- LSW = Last Seen Wearing