SCU Campus Alert
REGISTER FOR SCU CAMPUS ALERTS
eCAMPUS (login required)
Campus Safety Services recommends that all Students, Staff, Faculty, and Non-SCU Employees (when approved) enroll in SCU Campus Alerts to receive critical information when issued.
Rave Alert™ will be used to send SCU Alerts (Emergency Notifications and Timely Warnings*) to the Campus Community via text message, voice calls, email, and in certain situations, social media. We thank you for your commitement in helping us maintain a peaceful, safe, and secure campus environment, accessible to everyone at the University.
Some examples of the types of information you might receive in an emergency:
- Shelter in-place or evacuation order
- Campus closure for any reason
- Avoid a certain area of campus because of a localized emergency
Many of these situations require rapid response and notifications. The University's Campus Alert system is the primary method to accomplish this.
*Emergency Notifications Scope:
- Wide focus on any significant emergency or dangerous situation (may include Clery Act crimes)
*Timely Warnings Scope:
- Narrow focus on Clery Act crimes
Students, Staff and Faculty
- Login to eCampus
- Select "Additional Resources" from the Main Menu
- Click on "Campus Alert" from the top left section of the page
- Enter your information into the appropriate fields
- Confirm that you meet the criteria for Non-SCU Employee Enrollment in SCU Campus Alert
- If you do qualify, please fill out the Online Form and once your sponsor or supervisor has been contacted, you will be entered in the system and notified via email
Jesuit School of Theology Staff, Faculty and Students
- Follow the above instructions, but select your Primary Campus Location to be "Jesuit School of Theology Berkeley"
- If you are at JST and want to receive alerts for the Main Santa Clara University Campus, please fill out the "Non-SCU Employee" Online Registration.
As part of the Santa Clara University’s ongoing commitment to the safety of our campus community, the University will be launching Rave Guardian, a free mobile app that turns any smartphone into a personal safety device. By downloading this free safety app, students and faculty can enhance their personal safety both on and off campus.
With Guardian, users can create a profile of information about themselves, and invite family and friends to their safety network. When needed, the user can request one or more of their Guardians to virtually walk with them on or off campus. It’s like having an emergency blue light system and a trusted friend with you at all times.
- Register and set up an account: Users can add their name, campus address, medical notes and other pertinent information for Campus Safety in case of emergency
- Easy Emergency Communication: In an emergency, a one button call to Campus Safety will display the users Guardian profile and current location
- Add & Message Guardians: By adding roommates, friends, and family to their network, users can feel safer when walking alone, on or off campus. Guardians can also be messaged directly through the app
- Set a Safety Timer: In the event a student feels unsafe, they can set a timer with their current location, indicating where they are going and when they should arrive. In the event they do not make it there and de-active the timer, Guardians or Campus Safety will be immediately alerted
- Send Anonymous Tips: See something? Say something! The app allows users to anonymously text suspicious activity to Campus Safety, including photos