TO RECEIVE ALERTS ISSUED BY THE UNIVERSITY, REGISTER THROUGH THE LINK BELOW
SCU Bronco Alert (MySCU Portal login is required)
SCU BRONCO ALERT KEYWORD REGISTRATION
NOTE: If you are a parent or guardian of a student currently enrolled at Santa Clara University, you may subscribe to SCU Bronco Alerts via SMS Text ONLY*. Once subscribed, your subscription has no expiration date. You will be responsible for unsubscribing when your student is no longer enrolled at SCU.
From your smart phone, text "SCUPARENTALERT" to 226787 (CAMPUS)
*Standard text messaging rates may apply.
Campus Safety Services recommends that all SCU Students, Staff, Faculty, Parents and Contractors (when approved) enroll in SCU Bronco Alert to receive critical information when it is issued.
SCU Bronco Alerts will consist of Emergency Notifications and Timely Warnings*. They can be issued to the Campus Community via SMS text message, voice calls, email, and in certain situations, social media.
We thank you for your commitment in helping us maintain a peaceful, safe, and secure campus environment, accessible to everyone at the University.
Some examples of the types of information you might receive in an emergency:
- Shelter in-place or evacuation order
- Campus closure for any reason
- Avoid a certain area of campus because of a localized emergency
Many of these situations require rapid response and notifications. The University's Campus Alert system is the primary method to accomplish this.
*Emergency Notifications Scope:
- Wide focus which may include Clery Act crimes - Alerts the campus community about significant emergencies or dangerous situations.
*Timely Warnings Scope:
- Narrow focus on Clery Act crimes - Alerts the campus community about crimes that pose a serious or continuing threat to safety.
The intent of SCU Bronco Alert is to enable guests and members of the campus community to protect themselves and those around them.
SCU Bronco Alert Registration
Students, Staff and Faculty
- Login to MySCU Portal
- Enter your SCU login information (user name and password)
- Select the "SCU BRONCO ALERT" tile
- Select "My Account" from the top right drop down menu to edit your contact information
- Confirm that you meet the criteria for Non-SCU Employee Enrollment in SCU Campus Alert
- If you do qualify, please fill out the Online Form and once your sponsor or supervisor has been contacted, you will be entered in the system and notified via email
Jesuit School of Theology Staff, Faculty and Students
- Follow the above instructions
- Receive alerts from UCPD and/or Berkeley PD from Nixle (and for more information on Nixle) HERE
SCU Bronco Alert Abbreviations
There may be instances when certain SCU Bronco Alerts sent via SMS Text will contain common law enforcement abbreviations used by Campus Safety. This is done to adhere to the character limit of SMS Texts while being as concise as possible in writing the contents of the alert.
Please use this a resource to define what those abbreviations mean, should you see them.
- WMA = White Male Adult
- BMA = Black Male Adult
- HMA = Hispanic Male Adult
- AMA = Asian Male Adult
- DOT = Direction of Travel
- NB = Northbound
- EB = Eastbound
- SB = Southbound
- WB = Westbound
- LSW = Last Seen Wearing
Wireless Carrier Registration Known Issues
- International wireless carriers may experince issues with registration. Certain carriers may not allow for premium messages on top of other downstream errors
- T-Mobile users may receive a "Service Access Denied" message after an attempt at registering via keyword. Please see this LINK for more information on how to fix the issue
How can I identify incoming messages from the SCU Campus Alert system?
Text messages are sent from SCU Bronco Alert using short codes. When you receive a text via a short code, it will come from any one of these numbers:
We encourage you to set these numbers up as contacts on your phone to ensure that you recognize incoming alerts.