The Environment, Health and Safety Department (EHS) supports and advances the teaching, learning and research activities of the University through promotion of a safe and healthy campus environment by providing and coordinating programs and services that minimize safety, health, environmental and regulatory risks to the SCU community. The Environment, Health and Safety Department works to:
- Provide a safe workplace.
- Ensure a process of regulatory compliance.
- Minimize future potential liabilities.
- Protect and enhance SCU's reputation.
Blue Phone and VoIP Emergency Notification Testing
Blue Phone (Outdoor) Speaker Tests will be conducted on Monday, November 25th
- Time will be between 10am and 1pm
- Individual tests of the poles using the Bronco Fight song at 10am and 11am
- Make any needed corrections or sound tuning at the poles
- Beginning at 12pm, staff will conduct a test of each of the 8 pole locations individually
- At approximately 12:30pm all of the poles will be fired simultaneously to develop a sound map of the poles
- By 1pm testing should be complete
VoIP Phone Test on Tuesday, November 26th
- VoIP phone messages will be sent to Walsh Administration, Learning Commons and The Facilities buildings
- A test alert tone will be broadcast
- A text message reading - "This is a test of the SCU Alert System" will appear on the VoIP phone screen
Are You Prepared for an Emergency?
Personal preparedness is critical to surviving an emergency with the least amount of impact to you and your family. All SCU faculty, staff and students should be personally prepared with AT LEAST a three-day emergency supply kit for each member of your family. Stock one for your home, car, office or residence hall room. We've arranged a 25% discount on emergency kits for all SCU community members with the following vendor. »Info
For more information on what should be in your emergency kit, or if you'd like to building your own kit, see the SCU Emergency Procedures guide. »Info
Director of EHS