The Center for Sustainability
Santa Clara's Center for Sustainability works to promote a culture of sustainability on the university campus and throughout the greater community, as well as help the University achieve climate neutrality, practice responsible consumerism, and to use the campus as a living lab. The office is composed of a Sustainability Director, Sustainability Coordinator, Garden Manger, Garden Educator, and paid student interns.
|Lindsey Kalkbrenner||Director of Sustainability|
|Cara Uy||Sustainability Coordinator|
|Katharine Rondthaler||Forge Garden Manager|
|Lisa Martinez||Bronco Urban Gardens (BUG) Garden Educator||
|Keiko Montenegro||Sustainability Intern, Residence Life|
|Allison Carmody||Sustainability Intern, Food and Dining|
|Alec Kwo||Sustainability Intern, Student Engagement|
|Blair Libby||Sustainability Intern, Buildings and Grounds|
|Kayla Wells||Sustainability Intern, Waste Diversion|
|Lauren Moore||Sustainability Intern, Communications|
|Erin Murphy||Sustainability Intern, Employee Engagement|
|Pallav Upadhyay||Sustainability Intern, Curriculum Development|
Be part of SCU's goal of "climate neutrality" by 2020.
How will SCU produce zero net greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions?
- Reduce energy use where possible (individual/mass conservation, upgrade lighting and heating/cooling systems)
- Generate renewable energy on campus (solar panels, wind turbine, solar hot water systems)
- Purchase renewable energy and offset remaining emissions when necessary
Current emissions: about 30,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalents per year. We have reduced GHG emissions per person by 23% since 2005!
Join the Sustainability Liaison NetworkThese networks engage sustainability enthusiasts across the campus to further develop a culture of sustainability at Santa Clara University. Individuals from specific areas of the University can convene in cohorts to increase their knowledge and integration of sustainability on campus and in our world. SCU employees are invited to participate as Workplace and Social Media Sustainability Liaisons. Liaisons meet once a month and have additional opportunities to participate in network-wide gatherings (all liaisons interacting with one another). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about becoming a Sustainability Liaison.
- Residence Life Sustainability Liaisons »Info
- Workplace Sustainability Liaisons (WSL) »Info
- Faculty Sustainability Liaisons (SMS) »Info
- Neighborhood Sustainability Liaisons (LOCALS) »Info
- Student Organization Sustainability Liaisons (SCOOPS) »Info
- Student Employees Sustainability Liaisons »Info
- Faculty Sustainability Liaisons Info