The Stephen C. and Patricia A. Schott Athletic Excellence Center will be built adjacent to the Leavey Center and the Degheri Tennis Center. The 50,000 square foot, two-story Athletic Excellence Center will provide dedicated space for SCU’s Division I student-athletes to work out, train, practice, eat, and study together. It will also provide additional facility options for events and for all students participating in club and intramural sports. It will feature two practice gymnasiums; a 9,000-square-foot Bronco Bench Foundation Sports Performance Center; a 4,200-square-foot Stevens Academic Center with study rooms and computer space; a nutrition station; and an 8,000-square-foot sports medicine center.
This project will permanently remove 3 of the 9 tennis courts and will impact parts of the Leavey parking lot and Accolti Way during construction. Additional tennis courts and the walkway between Leavey and the tennis courts will close temporarily when required due to construction work. For the duration of the project, the driveway to the Leavey lot from Accolti Way is also closed. Due to this closure, vehicle access to the Leavey Lot is available from El Camino Real. SCU electric service vehicle access between the Leavey lot and Accolti Way is available using a path located on the left when traveling North on Accolti towards El Camino. Keep an eye out for closures as the project begins to rise above ground in early September. Please be aware of your surroundings when walking or driving in the impacted areas.
Live Construction Camera
Checkout the live stream of the construction.
- Program – Athletics
- Gross Square Footage – 50,000
- Estimated Completion – Summer 2020
- Architect – Devcon Construction Inc.
- Contractor – Devcon Construction Inc.
- No persons may enter the construction site without the authorizations of the General Contractor
- Any Santa Clara University visitor to the site needs to be accompanied by a staff member from Planning and Projects within University Operations
- Safety vests, hard hats, closed toe shoes and long pants are required on the job site at all times