Athletics Excellence Center
The Stephen C. and Patricia A. Schott Athletic Excellence Center will be built adjacent to the Leavey Center and the Degheri Tennis Center. The 50,000 square foot, two-story Athletic Excellence Center will provide dedicated space for SCU’s Division I student-athletes to work out, train, practice, eat, and study together. It will also provide additional facility options for events and for all students participating in club and intramural sports. It will feature two practice gymnasiums; a 9,000-square-foot Bronco Bench Foundation Sports Performance Center; a 4,200-square-foot Stevens Academic Center with study rooms and computer space; a nutrition station; and an 8,000-square-foot sports medicine center.
This project will remove 3 of the 9 tennis courts and will impact parts of the Leavey parking lot and Accolti Way. As the start of construction approaches more information about impacts will be sent out.
- Program – Athletics
- Gross Square Footage – 50,000
- Estimated Completion – Summer 2020
- Architect – Devcon Construction Inc.
- Contractor – Devcon Construction Inc.
- No persons may enter the construction site without the authorizations of the General Contractor
- Any Santa Clara University visitor to the site needs to be accompanied by a staff member from Planning and Projects within University Operations
- Safety vests, hard hats, closed toe shoes and long pants are required on the job site at all times