Business Services Campus Programs
Business Services has several outreach programs where we try and involve the rest of the campus community in the happenings of Operations. One way we involve the campus community is by sending out an annual facilities survey to gain valuable feedback about how our actions affect members of campus. We also involve members of the community through our volunteer facility manager program, which gives us liaisons to each facility. Finally, we share quarterly updates with the campus to keep the community apprised of our actions. Read more about each of these programs below.
Definition of a Facility Manager
The Facility Manager in this case is the person designated by the organization responsible for a facility or portion thereof to serve as the organization’s representative regarding facility maintenance, custodial, landscape and moving/events support issues for that facility. In some cases, one person functions in both capacities. In other cases, there are two separate facility managers for the same area.
For more information please see the Facility Manager Program
History of the Program
The origins of the Facility Manager program stem directly from the Mission Statement of the Facilities Department and our desire to strive towards our vision and goals. The initial program was developed for the office of Housing and Residence Life and soon expanded to all campus buildings.
For more information, read about "The History of the Facility Manager Program."
Facility Manager Meetings
The most recent Facility Manager Meeting 10-2020 Click the link for the presentation.
Past Meeting Slides
To submit changes to the Facility Manager's List please contact Facilities.
Facilities welcomes your feedback and comments regarding areas where we can improve our operations in order to better assist you. We are only able to improve on what we know is broken. Thank you for taking the time to provide your input!
Annual Survey Results
Here are the results of the most recent Customer Survey done by University Operations. Please feel free to review and contact us with any additional feedback by contacting Facilities-CSC@scu.edu.
If you missed participating in the annual Customer Survey you can still send Facilities feedback at anytime! Just email Facilities-CSC@scu.edu
Work Order Surveys
Our online work request system automates email notification to the requester's of work orders when their requests have been completed. Along with the completion confirmation, the email has a link to a quick survey. This survey is meant to allow customers to evaluate the specific work that was just completed. These surveys are automatically emailed to the supervisors of the crews so that they can review and followup if needed.
2021 SCU Staff Awards - University Operations
Spirit of Ignatius Award
- Lisa Martinez and Katharine Rondthaler, Forge Garden
Outstanding Excellence Award (Individual)
- Jenny Brown, Business Services
Outstanding Excellence Award (Group)
- Sean Collins, Environment, Health and Safety
35 Years of Service
- Jesus Chavez, Landscape Maintenance
- Dave Perez, Landscape Maintenance
30 Years of Service
- Mike Brady, Campus Safety
- Carlos Rivera, Landscape Maintenance
25 Years of Service
- Martha Alvarez, Custodial Services
- Ruben Carrillo, Custodial Services
- Victor Carrillo, Custodial Services
- Dave Rosa, Landscape Maintenance
20 Years of Service
- Tracy Cox, Campus Safety Services
- Jose Quinones, Building Maintenance
15 Years of Service
- Ralph Fitzsimons, Utilities
- Lindsey Kalkbrenner, Center for Sustainability
- Cathy Roman, Business Services
10 Years of Service
- Rogerio Silveira, Custodial Services
5 Years of Service
- Damon Bernal, University Support Services
- Brian Bettencourt, Landscape Maintenance
- Jeremy Cadena, Building Maintenance
- Alex Casadonte, Campus Safety Services
- Jeanette Coran, Planning & Projects
- John Klinger, Building Maintenance
- Carlos Olmos, Environment, Health & Safety
Staff Senate Representatives
- Mike Brady, Campus Safety Services
- Linda Hylkema, Cultural Resources