Assistant Director, Buildings & Grounds
- Oversees in-house supervision and labor and contracted labor associated with: Building maintenance, landscape maintenance, event setups, recycling & waste collection (including confidential shredding), in-house custodial, all maintenance at JST, invoice processing with all previously mentioned items.
- Supervisor for the Building Maintenance, Landscape Maintenance, and Recycle & Waste and In-house Custodial supervisors.
- Direct supervision of Union staff and all contractors performing work at JST
Hired in 1987
- Contractor's license, 1977
- 2 years at Centre College in Danville, KY, one semester at CSU, Chico (did not earn degree)
- 10 years as a landscape contractor prior to employment at SCU
Where did you grow up?
Born: Anchorage, AK.
Ages 2-12: Cupertino, CA.
6 months in Kailua, HA., before returning to Cupertino, CA.
Age 15: Moved to Louisville, KY where I spent all 4 years of high school, prior to attending Centre College.
Favorite thing about SCU?
Tuition Remission. All three of my kids have graduated from SCU and gone on to be very successful thus far in their careers.
What's the most important thing you've learned in the last year?
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
I love to work in my yard, and am a huge San Francisco Giants fan.