Rave Mobile Safety Information
Introducing Rave Mobile Safety at Santa Clara University
Campus Safety Services will be transitioning to Rave Mobile Safety for all campus communications. With this change, there will be a number of new features rolling out that will enhance the safety and security of our campuses.
Campus Safety Services recommends that all Students, Staff and Faculty enroll in Rave Mobile Safety to receive alerts when they are issued.
Rave Alert will be used to send Emergency Notifications and Timely Warnings to the community via text message, voice calls, email, and in certain situations, social media. We thank you for your commitement to helping us maintain a peaceful, safe, and secure campus environment, accessible to everyone at the University.
More information about Rave Mobile Safety HERE
As part of the Santa Clara University’s ongoing commitment to the safety of our campus community, the University will be launching Rave Guardian, a free mobile app that turns any smartphone into a personal safety device. By downloading this free safety app, students and faculty can enhance their personal safety both on and off campus.
With Guardian, users can create a profile of information about themselves, and invite family and friends to their safety network. When needed, the user can request one or more of their Guardians to virtually walk with them on or off campus. It’s like having an emergency blue light system and a trusted friend with you at all times.
- Register and set up an account: Users can add their name, campus address, medical notes and other pertinent information for Campus Safety in case of emergency
- Easy Emergency Communication: In an emergency, a one button call to Campus Safety will display the users Guardian profile and current location
- Add & Message Guardians: By adding roommates, friends, and family to their network, users can feel safer when walking alone, on or off campus. Guardians can also be messaged directly through the app
- Set a Safety Timer: In the event a student feels unsafe, they can set a timer with their current location, indicating where they are going and when they should arrive. In the event they do not make it there and de-active the timer, Guardians or Campus Safety will be immediately alerted
- Send Anonymous Tips: See something? Say something! The app allows users to anonymously text suspicious activity to Campus Safety, including photos