We are dedicated to ensuring the safety, security and peace of the University campus. We support and facilitate the achievement of the University mission and objectives by maintaining a peaceful, safe and secure campus environment that is accessible and inviting to students, faculty, staff and guests.
We are the primary protectors of the University. We serve to protect its facilities, assets, and social atmosphere. It is our duty to be the first responders to medical, fire and other emergencies.
We aim to achieve a zero-crime environment through proactive patrolling, community-wide crime prevention programs and an effective partnership with local law enforcement and emergency services agencies.
We maintain twenty-four hour dispatch and patrol staffing to assist the campus community with escort, parking, motorist assistance, information, event planning, fire and life safety, and environmental health and safety services.
We are committed to fair and impartial exercise of our authority and to respect fundamental human rights.
- Integrity: We are committed to the highest ideals of honor and integrity to maintain the respect and confidence of the campus community, the campus neighborhood and external public safety agencies.
- Service: We are committed to providing appropriate, timely, friendly and courteous service through positive interpersonal relationships while always seeking to improve the quality and image of our professional service delivery.
- Ownership: We are committed to individual and departmental responsibility and accountability for the effectiveness of our strategies and service responses.
- Continuous Improvement: We are committed to personal training and development, efficient utilization of technology, tracking the best practices and creative thinking as paths to ever greater operational effectiveness and efficiency.
Our Service Objectives
We are committed to earning the respect of the University community by proactively demonstrating the contribution we make to campus life.
- To demonstrate care, understanding and sensitivity in all personal communications and interactions.
- To demonstrate an eagerness to be of service and a commitment to act in the best interest of the University, constituent groups and individuals.
- To earn the confidence and support of the campus community by performing our services in an acknowledgeable and professional manner.
- To represent the University well by maintaining the highest standards in personal and operational commitment, appearance, attitude and actions.
- To be, and be perceived as being, an organization whose services and activities are dependable, timely and correct.