Disaster situations can be chaotic and the amount of time taken to respond can mean the difference between life and death. Building Evacuation Leads provide emergency leadership in their buildings to:
- Lead building evacuations
- Assist building occupants with complying with lockdown orders
- Report the building status to emergency first responders and/or the SCU Emergency Operations Group following an emergency
- Participate in Emergency Evacuation Drills
The Emergency Response Coordinators and alternates shall be aware of all Emergency Procedures and Protocols for the safety of university personnel and property. They will assist with informing all building occupants of proper procedures for building emergency or evacuation drills in preparation for any actual emergency.
- Review the Emergency Response Procedures for Building Evacuation Leads for more information
- Download and save this Building Leads Focus Sheet to keep as a reference for your area to prepare for building emergency evacuations