The Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) System is designed to help women become more aware of the possible dangers that can develop at anytime. It teaches them to prevent, reduce and avoid high risk situations. This course is not a martial arts course, but it does steadily develop women with the basics of hands-on training.
What is R.A.D. Basic Physical Defense?
Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) systems Basic Physical Defense course is a program of realistic, self-defense tactics and techniques for women. It is a comprehensive, women only course that begins with risk awareness, risk reduction, recognition and avoidance, while progressing to the basics of hands-on defense concepts and techniques. R.A.D. is NOT a martial arts course. The R.A.D. Systems is taught at colleges, universities, municipal law enforcement agencies and various community organizations internationally.
Why is R.A.D. Your Best Option?
R.A.D provides effective, yet basic options that allow women to feel confident about their own self-defense. If you're one of these concerned women, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is the R.A.D. System on the Cutting Edge of Self-Defense Training?
- Established acceptable standards for female self-defense programs
- Offers no-nonsense practical techniques of defense
- Offers advanced self-defense courses that build upon the physical defense system
- Provides hands on training
- Certified instructor from the community
- Has a litigation defense policy
- Offers programs at reasonable rates
- Every student receives a lifetime free return and practice policy
- Easy, effective and proven self-defense tactics
- Classes taught by certified R.A.D. Instructors
Who Will Be Teaching The Course?
- All R.A.D. classes are overseen by SCU Campus Safety Services
- All R.A.D. Instructors are nationally certified R.A.D. Systems Instructors
What Type of R.A.D. Courses Offered?
- R.A.D. Basic Physical Defense: A self-defense techniques suitable for women of all ages and abilities.
- R.A.D. Advanced Self Defense: Build on techniques & strategies from the Basic class. Covers more prone defense strategies, multiple subject encounters and low and diffused light simulation exercises.
- R.A.D. for Men: To raise awareness of aggressive behavior, recognize how aggressive behavior impacts their lives, learn steps to avoid aggressive behavior, consider how they can be part of reducing aggression and violence, and practice hands-on self-defense skills to resist and escape aggressive behavior directed toward them. This program is designed to empower participants to make safer choices when confronted with aggressive behavior. (New)
How Long is The Course?
The R.A.D. Basic Physical Defense course is 12 hours total. The R.A.D. Advanced Self Defence is 24 hours. The R.A.D. for men is 12 hours total. The course is spaced between 2 to 4 sessions. Be sure to check frequently for upcoming offerings!. Format subject to change.
Where is The Class Located?
Classes are located on Santa Clara University property and facilities are chosen for accessibility and privacy. An exact location of the class will not be made public and will only be sent to registered participants.
Do I Need Any Prior Experience to Attend The Course?
No. The course is suitable for women & men of all abilities! Faculty, staff and students alike!
What is The Cost?
We offer a 12 hour course and material (handbook) for $15. This is a one time fee and R.A.D. is the only existing program with a FREE lifetime return and practice policy, honored worldwide.
What Should I Wear To Class?
R.A.D. courses are highly interactive, so choose clothing that will accommodate ease of movement. Workout wear, loose fitting clothing or even street wear are acceptable. Athletic shoes are recommended. Please DO NOT wear open-toed shoes, heels or sandals.
How Do I Register?
Please use link below to sign-up and/or check your SCU email inbox frequently for class announcements. Once you are confirmed for the class, a confirmation email will be sent with further instructions. If you are under the age of 18 a Parental Consent Form will be emailed to you or filled out on the first day of class. The form needs to be signed by a parent/guardian prior to participation in class. Class space is limited.
IMPORTANT: All participants must complete these forms before participating in RAD class (bring completed forms on the first day of your class):
RAD for Women forms:
4) RAD Parental Consent form (Only if you are under 18)
RAD for Men forms
4) RFM Parental Consent (Only if you are under 18)
Upcoming R.A.D. Classes:
RAD for Women
Spring 2020 R.A.D. Basic Physical Defence for Women (Participants are expected to attend both days, 12 hours total to complete)
- Saturday & Sunday, April 18 & 19 | 9:00AM - 3:00PM | Benson Center Parlors B & C (Participants must attend both days to complete)