Emergency Eyewash and Showers
To ensure eyes, faces and bodies are protected from harm if a chemical exposure should occur, SCU has installed emergency eyewashes and showers.
Emergency Eyewash and Shower Use
- Flush contamination from eyes/skin using the nearest emergency eyewash/shower for a minimum of 15 minutes.
- Where there is a possibility of a hazardous or injurious eye, face and/or body exposure, emergency eyewash and shower equipment shall be within 10 seconds travel time/55 feet from recognized hazard.
Monthly Inspections/Flow Test
- Units shall be tested monthly.
- Inspections shall be noted on the adjacent inspection tag.
- Contact Campus Safety at 408-554-4444
EHS Manager Henry Gucho